3/20/12

artistic appreciation: rex ray!

source

i'm such a sucker for "mixed media" and i find (san francisco based artist) rex ray's work the perfect mash-up of art and design.


source
source

and the colors...don't get me started!

source

rex ray describes his life as an artist (from artworks magazine): “I do feel like my life is almost triumphant, from a lonely childhood to sleeping in my car to now,” he says. “There have been ups and downs, but it’s been an enjoyable ride and I’ve been way more successful than I ever thought I would be. (It’s) really quite remarkable.” And then Ray smiles. “I feel lucky and blessed to do what I do. I don’t think I could ever get a real job anywhere. I’m way to feral for that.”

source
source
source
buy prints of his work here.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, the colours are amazing! These mixed media pieces would look amazing on every wall in every one of my rooms!

    ReplyDelete