friday fab/five: SCDP/amino acids/thunder, etc!
1. quinoa: i'm trying to break-up with white rice...and it's freaking hard! basically, my strategy is to phase out the rice and bring in the "super food" quinoa. strange fact: "quinoa is being considered a possible crop in NASA's Controlled Ecological Life Support System for long-duration human occupied spaceflights." wow...all nine of those essential amino acids quinoa contains will help the me and astronauts! this recipe looks yummy!
2. crazy nail polish: i have even started to get into this fad, but what the heck - crazy nails are fun and it's fun to have a party on your fingers every once in a while. find all kinds of nail tutorials here and here.
3. thunderstorms: being from the mid-west, i just love a good thunder/lightening show. i prefer to experience this type of weather awesomeness tucked into bed since getting caught in a soaking downpour is no fun.
4. mad men: i'm losing sleep over the recent twists and turns on this beloved show and super SAD that the season is ending on sunday. how will they end it? HOW? HOW? HOW? and more importantly, how long do we have to wait until season 6?
5. hero king jewelry: AKA zachary little from ohio. i want every single thing on his etsy page. really.
Posted by sara.ann at 7:40 AM