holy crap...where did a whole year go? to celebrate the fleeting nature of time, i would like to recognize (in no particular order) twelve my favorite things from 2012:
1. the heist by macklemore and ryan lewis: SO addicted to this cd...seriously, you should be too.
2. safety not guaranteed: this movie was freaking great...i especially loved aubrey plaza's character.
3. the next installment of the passage trilogy - the twelve: although i bought this book at an author event in october, i have not been able to actually start it. i think it's so precious and for now i just keep looking at it longingly.
4. smartwool socks: it's 9 degrees outside as i write this...enough said.
5. the avengers/the dark knight/bourne legacy/skyfall: ACTION! EXPLOSIONS! cheers to the gigantic big screen popcorn movies this past year. sometimes you were exactly what i needed.
6. voluspa candles: i'm on a personal quest to make my apartment smell like an anthropologie store!
7. father john misty playing only son of the ladies man on letterman: could awkward dance moves be any sexier? probs not. ((decide for yourself....see video below))
8. new girl: this show just keeps getting better and better...schmidt WILL make you laugh out loud.
9. the stone arch bridge: i have been working near this historical treasure...lucky me.
10. quvenzhané wallis in beasts of the southern wild: her performance in this movie was riveting.
11. flashing bike lights: safety first on these cold winter nights...i'm basically a mobile rave.
12. lift bridge farm girl saison: yummy beer from stillwater, mn.
photo credits: 1 // 2 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8 // 10 // 11 // 12