1/3/15

a new year...a whole bunch of challenges!



at the end of 2014, i was feeling pretty stagnant in the creativity department and thought what? what? what? can i do to get out of this rut. then i realized that i'm surrounded by incredibly creative people who can help me figure this out and thus OPERATION CREATIVITY CHALLENGE YO 2015 was born. it's basically 12 different challenges (one per month), all chronicled here - to keep me honest. 

ok, backstory...in november, i sent a letter to a varied group of friends/family (lovely volunteers) asking for help:
1. I am to do one challenge per month - theme/parameters assigned by YOU. 
2. I will chronicle challenge related progress/finished product over the year on my (currently very dormant, but appropriately named) blog: myfantasticdistractions.blogspot.com. If I can remember how to use Blogger. [if you are reading this, i've accomplished that...yay!]


i included a postcard that listed their name and assigned month....the rest was up to them:

Do you want me to create something with the theme of dryer lint? I will attempt to do your theme justice. Do you want me to only use green yarn and lima beans? Will do. Do you want me to write a poem about a cat? I could probably do that. Do you want me to perform a dance about Vladimir Putin at the Mall of America. I’m not sure how excited I will be to do it, but it will be done. You can be as broad or as specific as you want.  

i tried to stress that the things i would be creating could be bad (AKA not good), but the point is that OCCY15 gives us BOTH an opportunity to be creative. it’s a win-win. (see the whole year of returned challenges all taped up on my door in the picture above)

and wow, i got some truly AMAZING challenges...from music to furniture to bike rides...each one so unique and cool! for reals. i think its going to be a fun (and funny) journey, please join me!

2 comments:

  1. you are incredibly awesome, sara! so glad you are in my life to add some creative inspiration. thank you for including me! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock Sara! Excited to see all you creations! Thanks for including me in it!

    ReplyDelete